Monday, February 21, 2011

Pineapple Grill in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

I come from a place where Millionaires march, little leaguers from the world play ball in front of millions, and where the words Cherry and White mean something on top of the Hill. So, I thought it would be fitting to start this section by talking about one of my most favorite little restaurants in Williamsport, Pennsylvania -The Pineapple Grill or now known as Jasmine Chinese & Thai Cuisine!

For a long time this was the only local Thai restaurant in the Williamsport area [recently I got word of a new restaurant?]. Either way this place is to die for - it offers both Thai and Chinese food, which is wonderful for Nick and I because we both love Thai and Chinese. Among the dozens of choices, the Chicken panang is always a must. It is a soup based dish with lots of great flavor - beware it has a spicy kick to it! I usually use it to smother the abundant white rice we usually get with our meals. 

The people who operate the business are wonderful. We frequented often enough that the women recognized and socialized with us; telling us about their families in China and their children working hard here in the U.S. trying to get a good education! They were always generous with us; good management is always a great attribute to running a successful business and the people at the Pineapple Grill easily receive an A+!

The restaurant is centrally located to Lycoming College; if I went to Lycoming I would have walked there every weekend [I would have been in serious trouble!]. The address is 331 Washington Blvd., Williamsport, Pa 17701. The hours are Monday - Thursday: 11am to 10:30 pm; Friday & Saturday: 11 am to 11:30 pm and Sunday 12 noon to 10 pm. I would recommend anybody living in the area, who has yet to do so, go visit this place immediately!!! Or if you are visiting family, friends or planning on passing through our historic town to take a slight detour to go taste a piece of Thai cuisine heaven! Unfortunately, Pineapple Grill does not have its own website or I would include it for you all to peruse! 

courtesy of yelp.com


Remember, if you have a favorite diner, bed and breakfast, bar/pub/grille that made a favorable impression on you along your journey's, please feel free to contact me at cooking.with.mel.p@gmail.com and I will feature it here with all kudos going to you! All I ask is you include a small blurb about why it is so fabulous, a website [if it exists] and a picture! I look forward to hearing from all of you!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment