Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Capitol Diner in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

I spent a lot of time in and around Harrisburg because Nick's family lives in the area; that is how I was introduced to a wonderful diner. One thing you should know is there are a ton of diners in the area, but only a couple stick out to me. The Capitol Diner holds a special place in my heart because I first ate at the Diner when Nick was leaving for his deployment training. As you can imagine I was a total wreck and I smothered my sorrow in the rich flavors of syrup and pancakes, bacon and coffee. I ate far too much that day, but it was well worth it after I realized how wonderful the food was.

The diner offers very generous portions and a wide ranging menu, which means even the picky eaters can find something tasty on this menu and walk away with a full stomach! In my opinion, however, I think this place is ideal for the breakfast seekers!! The service was great and the people are very friendly. We generally have a fairly large party when we go there and the service is always fast!

This place is made for any person - the young and old! The atmosphere is very laid back and pleasant to spend time in. Usually I like to sit and talk when I go out to eat and the managers and waiters do not pressure you to leave immediately. However, it may become more difficult to get the never-ending coffee fill after you pay for the bill. If you are okay with waiting, so that the servers can take care of other customers, then this place is right for you!!

Unfortunately, the diner does not have a website, but here is some important information:

800 Eisenhower Blvd
HarrisburgPA 17111

(717) 939-2279

I hope anybody living in the area or driving through the area will give this place a try. I guarantee you will not leave unhappy!

Until next time, 
Happy Exploring! 
Picture adapted from Yelp.com

Picture adapted from Yelp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment